Still I Rise has launched three educational projects addressing each level of Italian schools. The aim is to bring students closer to the goals of our mission and discuss key topics such as human rights and migration in a classroom setting.
Versatility. Although each lesson consists of a lesson plan, materials and guidelines for the teacher, each teacher is encouraged to restructure modules according to the needs of their students .
Interaction. The members of our school team are always available to answer questions about content, teaching methods and activities. Suggestions, advice and feedback can be sent to email@example.com
Testimonies from the field. The testimonies of our team members on the field are powerful starting points to reflect on our mission and the reality of the situations in which we operate.
Uniqueness. Each project has been created for a specific age group. Activities and contents have been adapted to the needs of all students, from the youngest to the oldest.
1. HELLO FRIENDS! We introduce the four characters of the story that will accompany your students for the duration of the project. To familiarize students with the countries of origin, the stories and the traditions of their four new friends.
2. A LONG JOURNEY. The concept of travel as an experience of moving from the country of origin.
3. FINALLY A SAFE PLACE. The arrival of the four characters in a new reality, a new country and a new context, different from the usual one.
4. OUR SCHOOL. The right to education and the importance of school in the life of each student.
1. THE REASON FOR TRAVELLING. Refugee? Migrant? What is the true meaning of these terms and which linguistic choices are the most appropriate? In addition to bringing students closer to the use of adequate vocabulary, this module aims to promote knowledge of real data (number of refugees in the world, countries of origin, etc.).
2. IN THE SUITCASE OF A REFUGEE. The main objective of this module is to explore the idea of travel and the different types of travel that exist.
3. THE RIGHT TO EDUCATION. We highlight the importance of the right to education for each child and the ways in which Still I Rise is committed to promoting it in the world.
1. MIGRATIONS: WORDS AND CONCEPTS THAT COUNT. This module aims at helping students familiarize with refugee-crisis-related vocabulary. Students will have the opportunity to explore official numbers and dates about the crisis, gradually trying to understand the phenomenon.
2. CHILDREN’S RIGHTS: RIGHTS OR PRIVILEGES. This module aims at introducing students to the topic of children’s rights through the understanding of the tools and policies that aims at protecting them all over the world.
3. SAMOS: WHERE THE RIGHTS END. This module explores some of the contexts in which children’s rights are currently not being respected, and contexts in which Still I Rise is operating, supporting and promoting the right for education.
4. STILL I RISE: INTERNATIONAL SCHOOLS. This module explores the history of Still I Rise and the locations in which we are currently operating (Turkey, Greece and Kenya) in order to give students the opportunity to familiarize with the concept of a more inclusive and revolutionary education.